Mediterranean Network For Custom Procedures And Simplification Of Clearance In Ports
The proposed project aims to establish and operate a network of port authorities and transport experts in the Mediterranean region, focusing on the exchange of knowledge and expertise with regard to port and custom procedures and simplification of clearance for vessels and cargoes. This is expected to enhance the common understanding and promote the introduction of information systems to ports operation and potentially to other intermodal modes. The MEDNET project intends to make a significant contribution towards customs procedures and simplification of clearance for vessels and cargoes in Mediterranean area through a series of activities. Initially, a state of the art analysis will record the past and current customs practices and related legislation and create a “Port Operations Observatory in the Mediterranean”, whose purpose is the transparent sharing of best practice solutions with all stakeholders, extending, thus, the knowledge dissemination among European countries and along the port community. Subsequently, the bottlenecks that hinder the efficient flow of information will be identified and current administrative, regulatory and technical barriers will be analyzed. In addition, the project will identify windows of opportunity in view of simplifying and speeding up procedures.
- RETE AUTOSTRADE MEDITERRANEE
- NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS
- IGOUMENITSA PORT AUTHORITY S.A.
- PATRAS PORT AUTHORITY S.A.
- ANCONA PORT AUTHORITY S.A.
- TARANTO PORT AUTHORITY
- CENTER FOR INNOVATION IN TRANSPORT, SPAIN
- VALENCIAPORT FOUNDATION
- CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (Partner, PI: D.G.Hadjimitsis)
- MARITIME INSTITUTE OF EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY OF MARSEILLE PROVENCE
- INSTITUTE OF TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORT LJUBLJANA L.L.C.
- CONSULTORES EM TRANSPORTES INOVAÇÃO E SISTEMAS
- INTERMODAL TRANSPORT CLUSTER
- ALBANIAN INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT
- PORT OF RIJEKA AUTHORITY
- ZADAR PORT AUTHORITY